Here is a list of quality, web development resources:
Here are some books I decided to buy in paper form, because they cover topics less likely to become obsolete (or at least at a slower rate :-) ).
- Code by Charles Petzold
- Code Complete by Steve McConnell
- grokking algorithms by Aditya Y. Bhargava
- Mindful Tech by David M. Levy
- The Mythical Man Month by Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.
- Programming Interviews Exposed by John Morgan and Noah Soujanen
- caniuse.com Helps answers those burning browser support questions for features in various web technologies.
- builtwith.com Search by domain name and discover what the domain's technology stack is made of. E.g.: Here's the stackoverflow.com stack: http://builtwith.com/stackoverflow.com
- libraries.io As described on libraries.io: "Libraries.io monitors 937,923 open source libraries across 29 different package managers. You can discover new libraries to use in your software projects as well as be notified of new releases to keep your applications secure and up to date."
MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Courses
Many course detail pages list lecture videos, reading lists and exam questions and answers.
Look for that in the "Course Features" section on each course detail page.
List of Free Programming Books
- HTML character reference chart
New resources are added frequently. Check back soon!